Last Updated on February 11, 2007 by Devin Greenfield
Regularity is the word that your should remember. So it’s important to wash your head not less than twice a week. Well, washing your head is a combination of mechanical and chemical actions. And if you want to avoid hair loss and regrow hair you should wash your head properly. Here are 5 simple steps how to do it:
- Wet the hair with warm water. It will open the pores and stimulate the blood flow in the scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shampoo starting from the front and going to the nape massaging and rubbing foam into your hair and scalp with your fingertips.
- Continue massaging for 2-3 minutes as it is important to clean your head thoroughly. There is an opinion that you should leave your head covered with the shampoo foam for 10-15 minutes to make it eat the dirt. But this is too long and it may dry up your hair. It’s much better just to wash away the foam and repeat the 2nd and the 3rd step one more time if you think your hair is not clean enough yet.
- Wash away the foam with warm water.
- After you’ve washed your hair, rinse it with clean cold water. This is essential as cold water closes the clean pores that were opened with warm water in the beginning.