- In case of the oily scalp and dandruff a mixture of calendula alcoholate and castor oil (ratio 10:1) has proved to bring good results. In case of the dry scalp the calendula alcoholate:castor oil ratio should be 1:1. These recipes will not only help you get rid of dandruff and excessive dryness of the scalp but also help you regrow lost hair.
- In case of itching and irritation of the scalp make a mixture of 10 grams of birch tar, 20 grams of castor oil and 100 grams of alcohol and rub it in carefully several hours before washing your head.
- One more hair mask to make your hair grow faster: take 1 teaspoon (tsp) of castor oil, 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg and juice of 1 middle-sized onion and mix these components thoroughly. Rub the mask in the hair roots 2 hours before washing your head. Then wash the mask of with a soft shampoo or baby soap and rinse your hair with water acidified with lemon juice or vinegar.
- The following infusion works great for blond hair. You will need 1 tablespoon (tbsp) of chamomile extract and 3/4 glass of vodka. Infuse it in a dark place for 5-6 days and rub it in the roots of hair on a daily basis.
- Use birch-alcohol lotion to take care of oily hair: mix 1 tsp of birch buds with 5 tsp of alcohol (96%) and rub it in the scalp every day when it is convenient for you. To achieve a better effect it is advisable to additionally rinse your hair with water decoction of birch leaves and buds after washing.
- And one more recipe for this time to make your hair grow faster. Take 20 grams of ivy roots of and the same amount of burdock roots. Boil the mixture for 15 minutes in one liter of water. Filter the decoction and wash your hair with it three times a week.
Always remember that traditional medicine doesn’t work equally with every user. The main advantage of it is that it will never bring you harm and, thus, it is certainly worth trying.
Have you ever noticed that your hair behaves differently in winter? It goes dry, lifeless, fragile. Tips start to split up. Your hair grows much slower than during summer months. It becomes hard to manage. And what’s even worse, hair loss increases significantly in winter. And it makes so many people ask themselves why it happens so and what they can do to prevent it. I hope this article will clear up some points.
First of all, you should bear in mind that this is inevitable, as it is a part of natural cycle. As everything in nature goes to rest and sleep in autumn and winter, while getting to life and intensive growth in spring and summer, your hair also follows this natural law. So, the first thing to do is to stop panicking. And take into consideration some useful tips to help your hair go through this not easy period of time.
Usually, we drink less water in winter, but it doesn’t mean that we take a sufficient amount. Remember, water in winter is just as important as in summer, or even more. It turns out that because of indoor heating conditions are much drier in winter. After all you body gets unnoticeably dehydrated. That’s why you hair looks so weak and over-dried. That’s why it starts to come out faster. So, drink more water, as simple as that. Dandelion, peppermint, lemon, or ginger tea is very good for your health and your hair especially in winter. Also try to not wash your hair too often and never use concentrated shampoo. Your overdried hair will certainly benefit from aromatherapy and essential oils for hair growth.
In winter we often forget of healthy eating and our diet is far from being balanced. But quick growth of hair requires the supply of all necessary nutrients. Your meals must ideally consist of lots of proteins and vitamins and minerals, which provides the health to the hair. So eat more protein rich food (beans, nuts, tuna, meat, fish, milk, etc.) and all types of vegetables and fruits that are the best source of essential vitamins and minerals.
In winter longer nights and climate change subconsciously affect person’s mood and feelings. That’s why many people, especially in northern European countries usually get depressed and lose optimism in winter. As a result, they experience emotional strains and even stress more often. And stress is one of the main culprits of hair loss. So no matter how hard it is, relax, cheer up and be more to life.