Growing long, thick and strong hair is not such a difficult task as it might seem to some of us at first. If we think about it, we loose our hair mainly because of lack of proper care, unhealthy lifestyle, stressful situations, and imbalance within our body. However, you can change it all by making use of several hair regrowth tips which will not only help you bring back your lost hair, but also improve your general health.
It’s not a secret that dihydrotestosterone, or DHT, is one of the main causes of hair loss in men and sometimes women. It’s a hormone which blocks hair follicles preventing them from new hair production. If you suspect this could be the reason for your hair thinning, it’s high time to test your DHT level. If it’s high, you will need to lower the level of the hormone in order to foster natural hair regrowth. Consult your doctor and ask for advice which DHT inhibitor to use. Although there are several drugs available, it’s safe to start with natural treatments such as saw palmetto, nettle roots and some others. Also if you prefer green tea, then it’s going to do you only good, as it’s a great natural DHT inhibitor.
Stress management is one of the most important hair regrowth tips. Because long-lasting and/or recurring stress usually results in severe hair loss, avoiding stressful situations and various sources of unnecessary emotional strains is totally necessary to prevent hair from falling out and consequently stimulate natural hair growth. Try to manage your stress – just take it easy, have a nice walk in the nature, listen to your favorite record, talk to your friends, do some meditation – there’s a plenty of healthy ways to soothe your worries and relax.
Our body needs at least 8 hours of uninterrupted healthy sleep to perform its functions at best. During the sleep all organs and tissues restore and acquire energy for another busy day. The same must be said about hair – your strands will have a great benefit if you sleep well. It is also recommended to sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase, since it has much less friction with your head. Thus, it will prevent your hair from being damaged and it won’t be such a mess in the morning.
Along with other tips for hair regrowth, it’s absolutely necessary to quit smoking and abstain from drinking as much as you can. It’s a common knowledge that smoking makes blood vessels shrink, thus slowing down normal blood flow going to your scalp and hair. As for alcohol drinking, it causes hair loss indirectly by raising estrogene levels and depleting zinc from the body. So if you want to grow your hair faster and stronger, say “good bye” to your bad habits and your hair will say “thank you”.
Always keep your hair clean and don’t let grease and dirt clog the pores of the scalp. Excessive amount of bacteria also can cause scalp inflammation. All this creates very unfavorable condition for natural hair regrowth and can gradually lead to hair falling out. Wash your hair at least two times a week. Make sure you use a good shampoo which suits your hair type. Some inexpensive shampoos contain harsh chemicals which may help you get rid of oil and dirt but at the same time will cause damage to the roots of your hair and make them look dry and lifeless. Therefore, a natural or organic shampoo is always a better choice.
You can also add a little baking powder to the shampoo that you use to create an extra volume of your hair. A small amount of olive oil added will nourish the scalp and at the same time help you wash out the debris more easily. Mix your shampoo with some gelatin powder to make hair stronger and also give it additional volume. If you have an oily hair type, rinse it with apple cider vinegar, since it’s an excellent way to reduce the amount of grease and restoring the normal pH balance of the scalp. Lemon juice also works great making the hair silky and shining.
Another great hair regrowth tip is to use warm and cold towels in turn, what makes it similar to contrast shower. First, dampen the towel with warm water and wrap your hair and scalp with it for several minutes. Then do the same with the towel dampened with cold water. This simple method improves blood circulation and stimulates hair follicles to produce more hair.
Aloe vera is known for its healing and soothing properties. Use either some commercially sold liquid aloe vera or, what’s much better, its freshly squeezed juice to rub into the scalp. Massage it carefully and wrap your head with a warm towel. Keep it for about an hour, then rinse your hair well. If you apply aloe vera regularly, it will significantly boost your hair regrowth.
Never brush your hair when it is still wet – you will loose a plenty of it. If your hair is pretty long, always start brushing from its ends, gradually coming up to the roots. Don’t be in a hurry, be careful not to tear your strands. You will want to use a wooden comb or brush – they are usually much safer and don’t generate static electricity which is harmful for hair.
Try to be patient and don’t forget to follow these simple tips for hair regrowth regularly. Be sure, you will notice big progress soon.
Photos taken from: www.flickr.com/photos/d-reichardt/3495049148/, www.flickr.com/photos/mrseb/5481989483/
Beautiful hair contributes very much to our overall appearance and, therefore, most people want it to look at best. However, excellent hair condition requires some kind of effort, care and patience. Here’s a list of simple hair growth tips which will help you grow your hair longer, thicker and healthier.
- Our hair is basically made up of keratin, a protein which serves as its main structural material. Sufficient intake of protein rich foods is essential for keratin production and, consequently, for strong and thick hair. And vice versa, lack of protein in one’s diet may result in many problems with hair, even including hair loss. Therefore, one of the most useful tips for hair growth is to include such high protein foods as fish, eggs, whole grains, lean meats, nuts and beans in your diet.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are very important for our general health. They are often called ‘good’ fats, since they normalize heart rate and blood pressure, as well as they have anti-inflammatory properties. No need to say that omega 3 deficiency compromises natural growth of hair and whole body functioning in general. The best food sources of these acids are salmon, sardines, fish oil, walnuts, soybeans, flaxseeds. Other omega 3 rich foods are shrimp, tofu, spinach, catfish and scallops.
- It is also very important to have a sufficient daily intake of vitamins to regrow hair, since the lack of them will definitely cause hair loss. Vitamins A, C, B, and particularly biotin, promote natural hair growth. Therefore, include such vitamin rich foods as carrots, spinach, liver, chard, oranges, broccoli, and nuts in your meals.
- Minerals are no less essential for strong and healthy hair. Eating foods rich in calcium, zinc, iron and copper will certainly help you grow hair faster. Such foods as milk, cheese, fish, soy beans, seeds are excellent sources of minerals. It’s also great if you take multivitamin and mineral supplements, as they usually provide the sufficient daily dosage.
- Out body needs sufficient amount of water to be properly hydrated, eliminate toxins and, generally speaking, stay healthy. Thus, together with other hair growth tips, drinking a lot of water and eat juicy fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. It will help you hydrate your scalp and hair, preventing hair dryness and promoting natural hair regrowth.
- Talk to your hair stylist, your friends and possibly colleagues and choose a hairstyle which will suit your hair at best. It should make you feel comfortable and, what’s more important, it must be healthy for your hair. Try to avoid hairstyles which may slow down blood circulation in the scalp and lessen ventilation, for example, tight ponytail or pigtail, or cause any kind of damage (perms, bleaching, etc). Remember, healthy condition of your hair should always come first.
- Additionally, trim your hair regularly (about every 3 or 4 months) in order to avoid split ends. Of course, your hair won’t grow faster or better because of that, but it will definitely look more kempt and healthy. Some people prefer not to trim their hair at all just because they want it long. But if you think about it, there’s no real need to avoid trimming and leave your hair careless. Averagely, each hair grows about 1 cm a month. So if you cut off 1 or 2 cm every 3 or 4 months, you will still manage to grow your hair longer.
- Along with the mentioned hair growth tips, there are also special exercises to improve blood circulation in the scalp. For example, in yoga there are special postures which increase blood flow to hair follicles. Also doing scalp massage everyday will increase blood circulation in the headskin and promote your hair growth. The great thing about it is that you can easily do it on your own at home. You can even order a scalp massaging device. To make your hair grow faster, also rub Mira oil in your scalp, massage it gently before sleep and wash your head in the morning.
- Tips for hair growth also include certain things that you should avoid. Avoid tying hair too tight – just let them hang and breathe freely. Don’t be too hard while brushing it – you can easily damage hair follicles and cause scalp irritation. Don’t wash your hair too often, especially if you use some cheap shampoo with harsh chemical substances – wash your head with a high-quality shampoo not more than 2-3 times a week. Avoid hair coloring, perming, straightening, and blow drying, as it can damage hair follicles shafts and follicles and hinder natural hair growth. Keep your hair away from direct sunlight, because strong UV-rays is a great hazard for you hair and skin.
Images: www.sxc.hu/photo/1210007, www.flickr.com/photos/dedevanderroove/3325642891/
The influence of moon phases on hair regrowth has been known since ancient times. It is believed that the rate of hair growth depends on the phase of the moon in which a haircut is made. For example, if you have your hair cut during the increscent moon, your hair will grow faster. And on the contrary, if the moon is in decrement, it slows down hair regrowth.
In ancient Tibet special attention was paid to haircutting during different phases of the moon. Tibetan lamas believe that the haircut on the first day of the new moon shortens the man’s life. Although it is not proven with facts, there is another popular belief that a child will have poor hair for the rest of his life if his hair is cut for the first time in the decrescent phase of the moon.
However, favorable or negative influence of moon phases on hair growth can be explained scientifically. It is known that the moon has a direct impact on the circulation of fluids in the human body. Thus, in the increscent phase the blood flow going to hair follicles is increased making hair grow faster.
Another important thing that should be taken into account while planning the time for having your hair cut is the zodiac, as it influences not only hair regrowth but also general health. It has been discovered that the most auspicious days for cutting hair are the days when the moon goes through the zodiac signs of Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Libra and Capricorn. All other signs are considered to be either neutral or unfavorable (Aries, Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces). In old times people even avoided washing their hair when the moon stood in Cancer or Pisces.
Below you will find the general moon calendar 2011 for haircutting which specifies the days for slower and faster hair growth:
|Month||Fast hair growth||Slow hair growth|
|March||9, 10, 16, 17, 18||20, 21, 26|
|April||5, 6, 13, 15, 17||–|
|May||10, 14, 15||20|
|June||6, 7, 8||17, 26, 27|
|July||3, 5, 7, 14, 31||23, 25|
|August||10, 31||20, 21|
|September||1, 28||23, 24|
|October||4, 31||13, 14, 21, 23, 25|
|November||1, 11, 27, 28||17, 19, 20, 21, 22|
|December||7, 8, 25, 26||15, 17, 19|
We have previously touched upon general tips how to make hair grow faster. This time we’ll consider some special masks that can significantly accelerate hair growth.
There are a few simple but working recipes of such masks. All of them have been tried and approved by a number of people who reported a high percentage of success. Thus, you can try them too with no fear and no hesitation.
So, before applying any of the following hair masks, wash your hair thoroughly and wipe it with a towel leaving it slightly moist.
- Egg yolk and honey mask. Take one egg yolk, add one tablespoon of honey to it. Rub the mixture into your scalp and roots of your hair. Wrap your head with a towel and keep it for 20-30 minutes. Rinse your hair with warm water. Optionally you can add onions to the mixture to increase its efficiency. The disadvantage here is the unpleasant smell. But many people readily take this sacrifice for the sake of beauty. Still you can get rid of the onion smell by wetting your hair with a small amount of lemon juice in the very end. As simple as that.
- Honey and onion hair mask for faster growth. As you have guessed, the main components are honey and onions. Grate or blend onions and mix it with honey. The onion:honey ratio should be 1:4. Rub the mask into your scalp and hair for half an hour, then rinse it thoroughly with water. You can add some olive oil to soften the mixture in case of dry and brittle hair.
- Hair mask of yeast and pepper vodka. Take about thirty grams of yeast and mix it with two tablespoons of pepper vodka. Apply the mask on your head for about 20 minutes and wash it off thoroughly with water.
Of course, you may not be very willing to prepare these masks on your own. But if you want to make your hair grow faster they are really worth trying.