Beautiful hair contributes very much to our overall appearance and, therefore, most people want it to look at best. However, excellent hair condition requires some kind of effort, care and patience. Here’s a list of simple hair growth tips which will help you grow your hair longer, thicker and healthier.
- Our hair is basically made up of keratin, a protein which serves as its main structural material. Sufficient intake of protein rich foods is essential for keratin production and, consequently, for strong and thick hair. And vice versa, lack of protein in one’s diet may result in many problems with hair, even including hair loss. Therefore, one of the most useful tips for hair growth is to include such high protein foods as fish, eggs, whole grains, lean meats, nuts and beans in your diet.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are very important for our general health. They are often called ‘good’ fats, since they normalize heart rate and blood pressure, as well as they have anti-inflammatory properties. No need to say that omega 3 deficiency compromises natural growth of hair and whole body functioning in general. The best food sources of these acids are salmon, sardines, fish oil, walnuts, soybeans, flaxseeds. Other omega 3 rich foods are shrimp, tofu, spinach, catfish and scallops.
- It is also very important to have a sufficient daily intake of vitamins to regrow hair, since the lack of them will definitely cause hair loss. Vitamins A, C, B, and particularly biotin, promote natural hair growth. Therefore, include such vitamin rich foods as carrots, spinach, liver, chard, oranges, broccoli, and nuts in your meals.
- Minerals are no less essential for strong and healthy hair. Eating foods rich in calcium, zinc, iron and copper will certainly help you grow hair faster. Such foods as milk, cheese, fish, soy beans, seeds are excellent sources of minerals. It’s also great if you take multivitamin and mineral supplements, as they usually provide the sufficient daily dosage.
- Out body needs sufficient amount of water to be properly hydrated, eliminate toxins and, generally speaking, stay healthy. Thus, together with other hair growth tips, drinking a lot of water and eat juicy fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. It will help you hydrate your scalp and hair, preventing hair dryness and promoting natural hair regrowth.
- Talk to your hair stylist, your friends and possibly colleagues and choose a hairstyle which will suit your hair at best. It should make you feel comfortable and, what’s more important, it must be healthy for your hair. Try to avoid hairstyles which may slow down blood circulation in the scalp and lessen ventilation, for example, tight ponytail or pigtail, or cause any kind of damage (perms, bleaching, etc). Remember, healthy condition of your hair should always come first.
- Additionally, trim your hair regularly (about every 3 or 4 months) in order to avoid split ends. Of course, your hair won’t grow faster or better because of that, but it will definitely look more kempt and healthy. Some people prefer not to trim their hair at all just because they want it long. But if you think about it, there’s no real need to avoid trimming and leave your hair careless. Averagely, each hair grows about 1 cm a month. So if you cut off 1 or 2 cm every 3 or 4 months, you will still manage to grow your hair longer.
- Along with the mentioned hair growth tips, there are also special exercises to improve blood circulation in the scalp. For example, in yoga there are special postures which increase blood flow to hair follicles. Also doing scalp massage everyday will increase blood circulation in the headskin and promote your hair growth. The great thing about it is that you can easily do it on your own at home. You can even order a scalp massaging device. To make your hair grow faster, also rub Mira oil in your scalp, massage it gently before sleep and wash your head in the morning.
- Tips for hair growth also include certain things that you should avoid. Avoid tying hair too tight – just let them hang and breathe freely. Don’t be too hard while brushing it – you can easily damage hair follicles and cause scalp irritation. Don’t wash your hair too often, especially if you use some cheap shampoo with harsh chemical substances – wash your head with a high-quality shampoo not more than 2-3 times a week. Avoid hair coloring, perming, straightening, and blow drying, as it can damage hair follicles shafts and follicles and hinder natural hair growth. Keep your hair away from direct sunlight, because strong UV-rays is a great hazard for you hair and skin.
Images: www.sxc.hu/photo/1210007, www.flickr.com/photos/dedevanderroove/3325642891/
No Comments yet »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.