Beautiful hair contributes very much to our overall appearance and, therefore, most people want it to look at best. However, excellent hair condition requires some kind of effort, care and patience. Here’s a list of simple hair growth tips which will help you grow your hair longer, thicker and healthier.
- Our hair is basically made up of keratin, a protein which serves as its main structural material. Sufficient intake of protein rich foods is essential for keratin production and, consequently, for strong and thick hair. And vice versa, lack of protein in one’s diet may result in many problems with hair, even including hair loss. Therefore, one of the most useful tips for hair growth is to include such high protein foods as fish, eggs, whole grains, lean meats, nuts and beans in your diet.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are very important for our general health. They are often called ‘good’ fats, since they normalize heart rate and blood pressure, as well as they have anti-inflammatory properties. No need to say that omega 3 deficiency compromises natural growth of hair and whole body functioning in general. The best food sources of these acids are salmon, sardines, fish oil, walnuts, soybeans, flaxseeds. Other omega 3 rich foods are shrimp, tofu, spinach, catfish and scallops.
- It is also very important to have a sufficient daily intake of vitamins to regrow hair, since the lack of them will definitely cause hair loss. Vitamins A, C, B, and particularly biotin, promote natural hair growth. Therefore, include such vitamin rich foods as carrots, spinach, liver, chard, oranges, broccoli, and nuts in your meals.
- Minerals are no less essential for strong and healthy hair. Eating foods rich in calcium, zinc, iron and copper will certainly help you grow hair faster. Such foods as milk, cheese, fish, soy beans, seeds are excellent sources of minerals. It’s also great if you take multivitamin and mineral supplements, as they usually provide the sufficient daily dosage.
- Out body needs sufficient amount of water to be properly hydrated, eliminate toxins and, generally speaking, stay healthy. Thus, together with other hair growth tips, drinking a lot of water and eat juicy fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. It will help you hydrate your scalp and hair, preventing hair dryness and promoting natural hair regrowth.
- Talk to your hair stylist, your friends and possibly colleagues and choose a hairstyle which will suit your hair at best. It should make you feel comfortable and, what’s more important, it must be healthy for your hair. Try to avoid hairstyles which may slow down blood circulation in the scalp and lessen ventilation, for example, tight ponytail or pigtail, or cause any kind of damage (perms, bleaching, etc). Remember, healthy condition of your hair should always come first.
- Additionally, trim your hair regularly (about every 3 or 4 months) in order to avoid split ends. Of course, your hair won’t grow faster or better because of that, but it will definitely look more kempt and healthy. Some people prefer not to trim their hair at all just because they want it long. But if you think about it, there’s no real need to avoid trimming and leave your hair careless. Averagely, each hair grows about 1 cm a month. So if you cut off 1 or 2 cm every 3 or 4 months, you will still manage to grow your hair longer.
- Along with the mentioned hair growth tips, there are also special exercises to improve blood circulation in the scalp. For example, in yoga there are special postures which increase blood flow to hair follicles. Also doing scalp massage everyday will increase blood circulation in the headskin and promote your hair growth. The great thing about it is that you can easily do it on your own at home. You can even order a scalp massaging device. To make your hair grow faster, also rub Mira oil in your scalp, massage it gently before sleep and wash your head in the morning.
- Tips for hair growth also include certain things that you should avoid. Avoid tying hair too tight – just let them hang and breathe freely. Don’t be too hard while brushing it – you can easily damage hair follicles and cause scalp irritation. Don’t wash your hair too often, especially if you use some cheap shampoo with harsh chemical substances – wash your head with a high-quality shampoo not more than 2-3 times a week. Avoid hair coloring, perming, straightening, and blow drying, as it can damage hair follicles shafts and follicles and hinder natural hair growth. Keep your hair away from direct sunlight, because strong UV-rays is a great hazard for you hair and skin.
Images: www.sxc.hu/photo/1210007, www.flickr.com/photos/dedevanderroove/3325642891/
- In case of the oily scalp and dandruff a mixture of calendula alcoholate and castor oil (ratio 10:1) has proved to bring good results. In case of the dry scalp the calendula alcoholate:castor oil ratio should be 1:1. These recipes will not only help you get rid of dandruff and excessive dryness of the scalp but also help you regrow lost hair.
- In case of itching and irritation of the scalp make a mixture of 10 grams of birch tar, 20 grams of castor oil and 100 grams of alcohol and rub it in carefully several hours before washing your head.
- One more hair mask to make your hair grow faster: take 1 teaspoon (tsp) of castor oil, 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg and juice of 1 middle-sized onion and mix these components thoroughly. Rub the mask in the hair roots 2 hours before washing your head. Then wash the mask of with a soft shampoo or baby soap and rinse your hair with water acidified with lemon juice or vinegar.
- The following infusion works great for blond hair. You will need 1 tablespoon (tbsp) of chamomile extract and 3/4 glass of vodka. Infuse it in a dark place for 5-6 days and rub it in the roots of hair on a daily basis.
- Use birch-alcohol lotion to take care of oily hair: mix 1 tsp of birch buds with 5 tsp of alcohol (96%) and rub it in the scalp every day when it is convenient for you. To achieve a better effect it is advisable to additionally rinse your hair with water decoction of birch leaves and buds after washing.
- And one more recipe for this time to make your hair grow faster. Take 20 grams of ivy roots of and the same amount of burdock roots. Boil the mixture for 15 minutes in one liter of water. Filter the decoction and wash your hair with it three times a week.
Always remember that traditional medicine doesn’t work equally with every user. The main advantage of it is that it will never bring you harm and, thus, it is certainly worth trying.
We have previously touched upon general tips how to make hair grow faster. This time we’ll consider some special masks that can significantly accelerate hair growth.
There are a few simple but working recipes of such masks. All of them have been tried and approved by a number of people who reported a high percentage of success. Thus, you can try them too with no fear and no hesitation.
So, before applying any of the following hair masks, wash your hair thoroughly and wipe it with a towel leaving it slightly moist.
- Egg yolk and honey mask. Take one egg yolk, add one tablespoon of honey to it. Rub the mixture into your scalp and roots of your hair. Wrap your head with a towel and keep it for 20-30 minutes. Rinse your hair with warm water. Optionally you can add onions to the mixture to increase its efficiency. The disadvantage here is the unpleasant smell. But many people readily take this sacrifice for the sake of beauty. Still you can get rid of the onion smell by wetting your hair with a small amount of lemon juice in the very end. As simple as that.
- Honey and onion hair mask for faster growth. As you have guessed, the main components are honey and onions. Grate or blend onions and mix it with honey. The onion:honey ratio should be 1:4. Rub the mask into your scalp and hair for half an hour, then rinse it thoroughly with water. You can add some olive oil to soften the mixture in case of dry and brittle hair.
- Hair mask of yeast and pepper vodka. Take about thirty grams of yeast and mix it with two tablespoons of pepper vodka. Apply the mask on your head for about 20 minutes and wash it off thoroughly with water.
Of course, you may not be very willing to prepare these masks on your own. But if you want to make your hair grow faster they are really worth trying.