We often think that we know almost everything about our hair. But apart from the most popular facts that are evident and known to everybody, there are still so many amazing things to learn. So, let’s check it out!
- 95% of our skin is covered with hair.
- If all hairs of the body and the head were joined into one whole hair, it would grow with the speed of 116 mm a minute, 116 cm every 10 minutes, almost 0.7 m an hour, 166 m a day respectively.
- Hair grows differently in different parts of the human body.
- Eyelashes usually grow in three rows. There are from 150 to 200 eyelashes on the upper eyelid and about 75-100 on the lower one.
- Eyelashes grow from 3 to 5 months, while hair on the head has a considerably longer life-cycle (from 3 to 10 years).
- Our eyebrows consist of up to 600 hairs.
- The width of hair on the head ranges between 50 and 100 micrometers (1 micrometer = 0.001 mm), while eyebrows are usually 50 micrometers in diameter. The width of wool hair is only 15 micrometers.
- There are usually from 90000 to 150000 hairs growing on our heads.
- The longest hair grows from the age of 14 to 17 years. After that our hair gradually becomes shorter and thinner.
- Hair grows most rapidly between 15 and 30 years of age. Hair growth slows down considerably after 50 years.
- In summer our hair grows faster than in winter. It also grows faster in the first half of the day and in the evening, while its growth almost stops at night.
- The shape of our hair is determined by hair follicles on our heads.
- The process of hair change is slow and almost imperceptible. It’s not similar with loss of embryonic hair (that’s more like molting in animals that goes immediately and spontaneously).
- You will have strong and healthy hair if you have good blood supply of the scalp, and, on the contrary, when blood circulation is poor your hair will grow weak and will be exposed to various disorders.
- 35-45 ?C is the optimal water temperature for washing your hair.
- 85% of women are in a better mood after visiting a hairdresser.
- According to American experts, hair loss affects 60-70% of men and 25-40% of women.
- There are 300,000 of treatments against hair loss and that’s more than in case of any other disease.
1 Comment »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.