Many people note that their hair starts falling out more than usual in spring. The process of intense shedding usually goes on for several months. For those who are very particular about the way they look and especially about their hair condition such experience is very frustrating. They desperately seek for help in doctors and all kinds of available hair loss treatments hoping to change the situation to the better. But when it gets obvious that nothing really helps, it’s time for more stress, sadness and frustration… In spring when everything comes to life…
What must be said is that there’s no need to dramatize. According to the theory of seasonal hair loss this process is quite normal. If your hair sheds more than usual in spring, it is happens because your physiological clock works this way and that’s it. Take a look on animals – they cast their coat every fall and spring and no one gets frustrated. Seasonal hair loss in human beings goes according to laws of nature as well. And there is not much you can do about it.
Yet there is something that can seriously aggravate hair shedding in the beginning of the season. We are speaking about toxins and other harmful substances. They alone can pose a serious threat to the hair and cause hair loss. Therefor, being accumulated over winter they can significantly increase natural hair loss in spring. Still, in comparison with our physiological clock which we can’t do anything about, to detox your body is fully in your hands.
As a matter of fact, the greatest amount of toxins get in our bodies with the things we put into our mouths, i.e. orally. In winter our nutrition is often far from being healthy. We may suffer from lack of minerals and vitamins that are contained in fresh fruit and vegetables. We have to stick to manufactured foods and that makes toxins contained in them get slowly accumulated in us. And even those natural products that we may buy in the store at this time of the year are usually grown in artificial conditions and often with the use of chemical fertilizers, so they are never 100% free from nitrates and other harmful substances.
We often get sick in winter and, therefore, have to take different drugs and medications to prevent typical winter diseases and to cure them. But using all these medications we rarely ponder over the fact that apart from the healing effect they also gradually intoxicate us. All chemical and synthetic treatments that we take in winter have side effects and when combined, certain drugs and medications may lead to a very adverse result when our body is overfilled with acids and toxins. All this can make a real big contribution to the seasonal hair loss that starts in spring.
What can be possibly done about this sad situation? Well, there is a simple rule here: always keep watching what you eat. To eliminate toxic substances from your body eat more fresh fruits, salads and vegetables. There was no such opportunity in winter, so take the advantage of it in spring. It’s preferable to eat them raw for better effect. These products not only supply your organism with vital nutrients, but also serve as effective natural cleaners, they detox your body and and boost your immune system.
To neutralize and eliminate acids from your organism give preference to alkalizing natural products (vs. acidifying). Consume more cheese, milk, yoghurt, eggs, nuts, vegetable oil. These products will not only neutralize harmful acids but also nourish your hair with protein that is very essential for its fast growth. Green tea is an amazing natural deacidifier, to say nothing of its DHT inhibiting properties. There are also special deacidifying and detoxifying nutritional supplements available over the counter today, but it’s better to discuss whether to use them or not with your doctor. It can be very helpful to see a nutritionist to measure your vitamins, minerals, acids and alkali levels and develop a thorough detox diet accordingly.
It’s not a secret that each person loses up to a hundred hairs throughout the day. In spring and autumn, as well as during pregnancy hair begins to fall out more rapidly. As a matter of fact, the process is more pronounced in middle-aged men, young girls and older women.
If you note that you are losing more hair than usual, that your hair is getting thinner and thinner so that you can see receding hairline on your head, wrong metabolism may be among a possible cause of that.
Kombucha, a fermented tea known for its healing, normalizing, detoxifying and energizing properties, can be a great natural hair loss treatment in this case. It normalizes your metabolism, supplies your hair follicles with necessary nutrients, promotes regrowth of your hair and makes it stronger. In order to achieve this, it is recommended to drink a glass of kombucha mushroom tea during every meal within six to eight weeks. Additionally, you can massage the scalp with Kombucha infusion to reach better results.
If hair loss is not caused by hereditary predisposition or hormonal imbalance (DHT), most kombucha users note that their hair begins to grow more rapidly soon and that it gets considerably stronger and healthier.
- In case of the oily scalp and dandruff a mixture of calendula alcoholate and castor oil (ratio 10:1) has proved to bring good results. In case of the dry scalp the calendula alcoholate:castor oil ratio should be 1:1. These recipes will not only help you get rid of dandruff and excessive dryness of the scalp but also help you regrow lost hair.
- In case of itching and irritation of the scalp make a mixture of 10 grams of birch tar, 20 grams of castor oil and 100 grams of alcohol and rub it in carefully several hours before washing your head.
- One more hair mask to make your hair grow faster: take 1 teaspoon (tsp) of castor oil, 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg and juice of 1 middle-sized onion and mix these components thoroughly. Rub the mask in the hair roots 2 hours before washing your head. Then wash the mask of with a soft shampoo or baby soap and rinse your hair with water acidified with lemon juice or vinegar.
- The following infusion works great for blond hair. You will need 1 tablespoon (tbsp) of chamomile extract and 3/4 glass of vodka. Infuse it in a dark place for 5-6 days and rub it in the roots of hair on a daily basis.
- Use birch-alcohol lotion to take care of oily hair: mix 1 tsp of birch buds with 5 tsp of alcohol (96%) and rub it in the scalp every day when it is convenient for you. To achieve a better effect it is advisable to additionally rinse your hair with water decoction of birch leaves and buds after washing.
- And one more recipe for this time to make your hair grow faster. Take 20 grams of ivy roots of and the same amount of burdock roots. Boil the mixture for 15 minutes in one liter of water. Filter the decoction and wash your hair with it three times a week.
Always remember that traditional medicine doesn’t work equally with every user. The main advantage of it is that it will never bring you harm and, thus, it is certainly worth trying.
We have previously touched upon general tips how to make hair grow faster. This time we’ll consider some special masks that can significantly accelerate hair growth.
There are a few simple but working recipes of such masks. All of them have been tried and approved by a number of people who reported a high percentage of success. Thus, you can try them too with no fear and no hesitation.
So, before applying any of the following hair masks, wash your hair thoroughly and wipe it with a towel leaving it slightly moist.
- Egg yolk and honey mask. Take one egg yolk, add one tablespoon of honey to it. Rub the mixture into your scalp and roots of your hair. Wrap your head with a towel and keep it for 20-30 minutes. Rinse your hair with warm water. Optionally you can add onions to the mixture to increase its efficiency. The disadvantage here is the unpleasant smell. But many people readily take this sacrifice for the sake of beauty. Still you can get rid of the onion smell by wetting your hair with a small amount of lemon juice in the very end. As simple as that.
- Honey and onion hair mask for faster growth. As you have guessed, the main components are honey and onions. Grate or blend onions and mix it with honey. The onion:honey ratio should be 1:4. Rub the mask into your scalp and hair for half an hour, then rinse it thoroughly with water. You can add some olive oil to soften the mixture in case of dry and brittle hair.
- Hair mask of yeast and pepper vodka. Take about thirty grams of yeast and mix it with two tablespoons of pepper vodka. Apply the mask on your head for about 20 minutes and wash it off thoroughly with water.
Of course, you may not be very willing to prepare these masks on your own. But if you want to make your hair grow faster they are really worth trying.
It may sound a little bit weird, but death and loss of our hair occur on a daily basis. As a matter of fact, dead hair does not comes off immediately, but remains for some time in the head skin. It is gradually replaced by new hair what makes it finely fall out. Everyday we may loose up to 50 hairs and it’s considered to be in perfect accordance with the natural process of hair regrowth.
But sometimes it happens that the process of hair loss comes out of control because of improper hair care. Without finding the real cause and without knowing the type of their hair desperate men and especially women rush into trying all kinds of hair loss and hair care products and treatments that happen to be within the reach. Quite often it doesn’t bring the desired result; on the contrary, it may worsen the already poor hair condition.
That is why it is of vital importance to determine the type of your hair before you start any treatment and try any product. One may get lost and frustrated, because there are so many hair types and conditions. But, basically, all of them fall into 3 main groups:
Oily (or greasy) hair is generally characterized by rapid clogging. It gets dirty faster than any other type. Excessive dryness, brittleness and fragility are typical of the hair type that we usually call dry. Normal hair most often gets dirty and out-of-condition within 5-7 days after washing. These are the main points that make all of these hair types different.
And, as you can see, each type requires a special approach to it. Consequently, only if you know your hair type you can choose the appropriate and effective treatments and hair care products. If you don’t, we invite you to read more about different hair types and how to take care of them here.